Improving Application Data
Partially Valid/Invalid Application Data
PDM is constantly analyzing your product data for potential improvements. You can easily identify and fix the application data updates with the help of the color-coding feature.
Green indicates that the selection is valid.
I Orange indicates that the data needs improving.
Red indicates that this application is not valid.
When adding a new application for a product, PDM will color-code available Subconfigurations (i.e., sub-models) based on selected Make, Model, and Year / Year range. This is used to quickly indicate if a sub-model is valid for all, some, or none of the selected Year/Year range.
Invalid subconfigurations WILL NOT be exported in an ACES XML file, but they WILL be exported to Excel to do bulk editing and reimport.
Fix the Partially Valid/Invalid Application Data:
- Select the required Brand and choose the All Products submenu.
- Select Application in the left submenu and select the required product from the catalog list.
- Switch between Tile or List view based on your convenience.
- Choose the required Validation type in the List view and select the Invalid Application Only option from the next dropdown.
- Click on the Edit icon to edit the Invalid application data. Hover over the exclamation mark next to the Edit button for more validation alert information.
6. Select Engine; now invalid engine values are displayed in red. Deselect the red values one by one until the combination re-color-codes itself to green from red.
7. Valid recommendations/combinations are color-coded in green.
8. Select the values according to the recommendations to fix the application data and click on Save.
9. Press the refresh button in your browser or press F5 to refresh the page and see the updates in the validation report.
Recommendations for fixing the data will not be shown for the Product unless and until you deselect the invalid values.
Application Segment - Add new Application
Add new Application When adding a new application for a product, PDM will color code available Subconfigurations (i.e., sub-models) based on selected Make, Model, and Year / Year range. Select a Brand and click All Products. ...
Application Segment - Display options
Display options Tile View The Tile View is the default in the Application Segment; here, each grouped fitment has its own tile. The Tile View icon is in the top right corner. Here, configured applications and associated information are arranged by ...
Application Segment Overview
Application Segment Overview In the Application segment, you provide information on vehicle fitments. Applications can be configured on multiple levels. Applications are defined in the following order : Year Make Model Sub configurations (Engine, ...
Inherit/Link Application Data
Inherit/Link Application Data You can inherit application data among your products. This feature also works across all of your brands. By linking Application data, you can combine application data that you manage individually on the child product ...
Import/Export Parent/Child Application Data
Import/Export Parent/Child Application Data This article will focus on importing and exporting parent-child relationships in application data. For information on creating inheritance relationships for applications between products, see Inherit/Link ...