In the Application Segment, you can add default values to all applications within a product at the same time. Overwriting the default values for specific applications is also possible.
The Position provides information about the mounting location of a part in the vehicle.
- Wheel: Front
- Parking Brake Cable: Rear
Position information belongs in the Application segment. It is often incorrectly included in the Attribute or Description segments.
Qualifiers & Notes
A qualifier has an ID in the background and therefore is a standardized data point. Some qualifiers stand for themselves, and some require a value.
E.g. "with A/C" vs. "with name A/C Compressor" where the name of the A/C compressor has to be added for more clarification.
Notes can be added and set up to display on every application as default.
Default qualifiers defined for child products will be added to those inherited from the parent product, not overwritten like with MFR Label or Position.
Add Default Values for all products.
- Click on the More Actions drop-down menu and select Default Values.
2. The Default options will open. It contains four field boxes, in which you can add default values: the MFR Label (Manufacturing label), Position, Qty, and Qualifier fields.
3. Enter a value in the MFR Label field, select a Position from the position drop-down list, and set the Qty.
4. Select one or more Qualifiers and enter any necessary parameters. You can add Notes by Clicking on the Add new button.
5. Don't forget to click Save.
6. Default values are added to MFR label, Qty, and Position fields for all products.
Overwrite the Default Value for specific Products
- Click Edit Application on the MFR label or Position which you want to modify for a particular product.
2. In the pop-up window, select an option and define a value to overwrite that product’s default value; then click Save.
3. The value has been updated just for that product.
- Application Segment Overview
- Application Segment - Add new Application
- Application Segment - Display options