Import/Export Parent/Child Application Data
This article will focus on importing and exporting parent-child relationships in application data. For information on creating inheritance relationships for applications between products, see Inherit/Link application data.
The parent/child inheritance relationship(s) are managed within the child Part Number. This applies to the user interface, import, and export processes.
Exporting Inherited Application Data
To see inherited application data:
- Click on a Brand and select All Products.
- Select a Child product and click in the Application segment.
- Here the Part Number of the parent product is shown.
- The inherited fitments are displayed below in a grid.
5. To export Application data, select Export > Excel (Full) from the Actions drop-down menu.
6. To only export Applications, deselect All Segments ( Click twice in the All Segments checkbox ) and select Applications.
7. Select a year range option and then click Export.
Here are the first few columns of the exported Application data Excel sheet. All the part numbers are the same since we only exported one part and we see every fitment data group by Year Range.
The inheritance data is stored in the ParentPartNumber and ParentBrand columns, which you may need to scroll to the right to see them in the Excel sheet. Notice the columns are only populated for the fitments that have been inherited.
Importing Inherited Application Data
You can add a new parent to your product by duplicating the ParentPartNumber and ParentBrand columns into a new row and then adding a new ParentPartNumber and ParentBrand ( if necessary ) to that same row or as many as you want:
You can save the appended application data Excel sheet and import it using the Excel Import/Export
To Import the Inherited Application data:
1. Click Import/Export and select Import from the sub-menu.
2. Select Excel (Full) Format.
3. Click Select all twice to deselect all the segments, and then select Applications.
4. Click to import the file from the computer or drag and drop the file into the box.
5. Go back to the Application segment in All Products to see the newly imported parent-child relationship. Here the fitment inherited from the parent that was added manually in excel is shown.
Import/Export Bundle Data
Import/Export Bundle Data You can Import and Export data from the Bundle Feature right from the catalog. Export the Bundle Data Click on a Brand and select All Products. Select the Application segment and select a parent product from the catalog. ...
Inherit/Link Application Data
Inherit/Link Application Data You can inherit application data among your products. This feature also works across all of your brands. By linking Application data, you can combine application data that you manage individually on the child product ...
Excel Import & Export
Excel Import & Export If you want to make changes in your data in bulk or add products in bulk, you can use Excel Import & Export. Excel Import Select the required Brand and click on Import/Export. Click Import (If you want to get a PDM template, ...
Excel Import & Export Reports
Your data is validated already while importing it. The Excel Import and Export validations give you valuable feedback. The Excel Import and Export reports give you feedback that helps you to improve your files to get non-ACES compliant data into the ...
Import/Export Applications When updating application values in PDM, like Qualifiers and Notes, you'll need to export these applications, edit them in the excel file and then re-import. You have two options to edit Applications: Applications style ...