Part Type Recommendations
Part Type Recommendations
Get recommendations for the best Part Type for your product data. Onboarding made easy and keeping your data up to date!
offers you a recommendation engine to suggest the best matching Part Type
for your products. Assigning the Part Type
is the first step when adding new products to your ACES&PIES
catalog or starting an ACES&PIES
project in general. The PDM
recommendation engine significantly reduces your workload identifying the best matching part type and keeping it up to date when the PCdb
Accessing the Quick Fixes
- Select a Brand and click Quick Fixes.
- Under the Quick Fixes tab, select Part Type.
Using the Quick Fixes Part Type Recommendation Engine
- Click in Show Products; it will take you to the Catalog, where the products that need a Part Type to be added are displayed. You can see as well the amount of these products in the upper right corner.
2. The recommendation is based on your product descriptions, and you can also import your own part types and have PDM suggest the best match for you. If you want to change the suggested Part Type, select a better match from the dropdown.
3. Select all products by clicking in the first checkbox ( click again to deselect all) or select individual products.
4. You can Confirm or Decline the selected products and display them in the Catalog by clicking Show Products.
The part type recommendation is driven by the description type "long." If you start your data from scratch, the "long" name would usually be a product name (80 character max.)
Recommendations, Warnings, and Errors
Learn more about the colors and their meaning To access the Recommendations Section: Select a Brand, and click on Home. The graph gives you feedback about how many products need attention at what level: Blue (Recommendation) = Possible Data ...
Validations for Part Attributes
PDM provides you with alerts for Part Attributes that help keep your data validated against the AutoCare requirements! To turn on/off these validations, you need to access the Scorecards segment: Click on a Brand and select Brand Settings. Click in ...
Product Classification Database (PCdb)
Product Classification Database (PCdb) PCdb houses the category structure with all Part Types available for ACES & PIES Every part is assigned to one Part Type in PIES and can have different, multiple Part Types in ACES. Assigning the Part Type is ...
Engine Base Quick Fix
Engine Base Quick Fix Engine Base is a collection of nine interdependent values: Block Type, Cylinder, Liter and imperial/metric values for Bore, Cubic, Stroke. If an Engine Base is updated automatically by Auto Care VCdb, fitments can be broken. ...
Brand and part number in eBay listing
For the eBay listing we use: Brand = the original Auto Care Brand name Manufacturer Part Number = Original part number of brand SKU = Auto Care brand code_part number (e.g. ABCD_123456) The SKU can manually be overwritten in the product Related ...