Publish Product Data
When working on product data in the catalog view, data is stored in the "staging database" and is not yet available to customers/receivers. In PDM there are two ways to publish data to the "receiver database":
- Publishing through a brand's Publish Data tab
- Publishing through the Catalog
Once data is published to the receiver database it can be sent through channels
and accessed by customers/receivers.
through Publish Data
- Select a Brand and click Publish Data.
- The number to the right is a count of new products or product updates ready to be published.
- Click Publish all items of brand to publish the entire list of products displayed.
- If you want to publish specific product data, select the appropriate check-boxes and click Publish items.
Publish through Catalog
- Select a Brand and select one or more product(s) in the catalog view.
- Click the Actions menu and choose Publish, the product(s) will be copied from the staging database to the receiver database.
3. In the catalog view, a product's publication status is indicated by color coded "cloud" icons:
- Orange Cloud indicates the product or updates are not yet published to the receiver database
- Grey Cloud indicates the product has been temporarily excluded from publication to the receiver database (this is usually done to recently created parts, or parts that are out of date)
- Green Cloud indicates the latest version of the product data is published in the receiver database
- Item Segment
- Data Distribution with PDM
Publish (sync) Product Data
For your safety when working on your product data there are two databases. You are always working in the staging database which is never public. When you are finished with your data work you can easily publish (sync) your data, straight from the ...
Data Distribution with PDM
Data Distribution with PDM To easily get your high-quality product data distributed, you have a variety of options: Channels (controlled by you) Set up exports to happen automatically on your preferred schedule to have data pushed daily, weekly, or ...
Product Classification Database (PCdb)
PCdb houses the category structure with all part types available for PIES&ACES Every part is assigned to one part type in PIES and can have different, multiple part types in ACES. Assigning the part type is the first important step when generating ...
Data Requests - Brand View
Data Requests - Brand View In the Brand View, you can view, approve, or deny data requests from integrated receivers. Product or Brand data can also be offered proactively. How to Share Data with Receivers: Click the Distribution drop-down in the ...
Inherit/link application data
Details about inheriting application data You can inherit application data among your products. This feature also works across all of your brands n-n relationships are possible (one parent product inherits to multiple children products / one children ...