Publish Product Data
When working on product data in the catalog view, data is stored in the "staging database" and is not yet available to customers/receivers. In PDM there are two ways to publish data to the "receiver database":
- Publishing through a brand's Publish Data tab
- Publishing through the Catalog
Once data is published to the receiver database it can be sent through channels
and accessed by customers/receivers.
through Publish Data
- Select a Brand and click Publish Data.
- The number to the right is a count of new products or product updates ready to be published.
- Click Publish all items of brand to publish the entire list of products displayed.
- If you want to publish specific product data, select the appropriate check-boxes and click Publish items.
Publish through Catalog
- Select a Brand and select one or more product(s) in the catalog view.
- Click the Actions menu and choose Publish, the product(s) will be copied from the staging database to the receiver database.
3. In the catalog view, a product's publication status is indicated by color coded "cloud" icons:
- Orange Cloud indicates the product or updates are not yet published to the receiver database
- Grey Cloud indicates the product has been temporarily excluded from publication to the receiver database (this is usually done to recently created parts, or parts that are out of date)
- Green Cloud indicates the latest version of the product data is published in the receiver database
- Item Segment
- Data Distribution with PDM