Kit Segment can be used for two purposes:
- Turn a product into a ‘bundle’
- Turn a product into a ‘bill of materials'
A Bundle will have kit components that are also sold separately, while components of a Bill of Materials will be exclusive to the kit.
To access and configure the Kit Segment:
- Click on a Brand and select All Products.
- Select a Product and click on the Kit segment.
- Click Add Product to Kit.
- A Part Number is not required if the kit segment is being used as a 'bill of materials'. If a Part Number is entered, click out of the Part Number field to automatically populate the other fields with information from other segments.
- Quantity is required, using an appropriate Unit of Measure (UOM) (most often ‘Each’)
- Brand will populate based on Part Number, or can be set manually.
- Part Type field will populate based on Part Number or can be set manually.
- Qualifier will provide specific information on the meaning of the Part Number, and Sold Separately can be used to keep track of the ‘bundle’ or ‘bill of materials’ use cases. The default is N/A.
- Description is also required, and will automatically load the ‘Product Description - Long’ type if it exists in your catalog. Don't forget to click Save.
10. You can add as many products as needed. Click to rearrange by dragging the left side of the row.
11. Click to Edit.
Edit the necessary fields. Choose to Save or Delete.