Explains the features of Kit Segment and how to assign content to a part
Kit Segment can be used for two purposes:
- turn a product into a ‘bundle’
- turn a product into a ‘bill of materials’
A bundle will have kit components that are also sold separately, while components of a bill of materials will be exclusive to the kit.
Make sure a product is selected and open the kit segment. Products within the kit segment can be rearranged by dragging the left side of the row. Click either Add Product to Kit or Edit to enter the kit component edit panel
- A Part Number is not required if the kit segment is being used as a bill of materials. If a part number is entered, click out of the part number field to automatically populate the other field with information from other segments.
- Quantity is required, using an appropriate Unit of Measure (UOM) (most often ‘Each’)
- Part Type field will populate based on part number or can be set manually.
- Qualifier will provide specific information on the meaning of the part number, and Sold Separately can be used to keep track of the ‘bundle’ or ‘bill of materials’ use cases. The default is N/A.
- Description is also required, and will automatically load the ‘Product Description - Long’ type if it exists in your catalog. Read more about Description Segment and Description Types
- Delete kit components using the delete button in the bottom left.