Custom fields are used for anything outside of ACES & PIES
Do you need to maintain additional information outside of ACES & PIES? With PDM, you can create as many custom fields as you like for your account. This is a useful tool for when you need to add custom data points to your data that are not in AutoCare.
- Click on a Brand and select Brand Settings.
- Select Custom Fields from the sub-menu. Click to Add new Custom Field.
3. Type a name for the custom field.
4. Select an option from the dropdown and then click Save.
5. There are different types of Custom Fields available, and use cases can be various, e.g:
- Number: Shipping cost for Price Sheets
- Text: Category information for webshop
- Dropdown: Multi-Box Package information
- Checkbox: Alternative Descriptions
- HTML Editor: Inventory Levels
- Link: URL for a website
6. Click Edit to make changes.
Make necessary changes and then click Save. You can also choose to delete by clicking on the Delete button.
After adding your Custom Fields, navigate to the All Products Catalog, Click on a product and then select the Custom Fields segment, here you can add values to the Custom Fields you created and apply them to that specific product. Don't forget to click Save.
Important! Data provided in the Custom Fields will not be included in the ACES & PIES XML files but is intended to be used to drive alternative channels of your data.