Channels and Plans Overview
- PDM offers channels and plans to automate data delivery
- Channels are collections of plans
- Channels can have
default settings which are inherited by plans contained within the channel
- Plans can have their
own settings which are different from the channel default settings
Brand: Brand to be exported
Plan: Plan Name
File: File Type (ACES, PIES, Excel, Digital
Filter: Is this a filtered plan? (Optional)
Frequency: How often will the data be delivered?
Last Push: Most recent data delivery (manually or automatically)
Updates Available: How many SKUs have
changed since the Last Push
Add a New Channel
Access the settings from the channel or plan
Settings on the Channel level will be inherited by Plans, but Plan level settings will overwrite the Channel level settings
- Click the Channel Default Settings tab
- See the Brand List for the channel
- Clicking the checkbox next to the plan type will select every brand for that channel.
- Un-check unwanted brand and plan type combinations in the columns
- Select a brand and click the Deactivate Default Plan button to
delete the default plans
- while in the Channel Default Settings tab, toggle enable default in the Default File Settings section
- Click on PIES,
ACES, Digital Assets, Excel Segments tab to edit the version and other files setting
default settings available for Digital Assets
- Select whether you want a full file at delivery
or only an update file (Update files will include all data points of the SKUs
that have changed, not only the changed data points. You can use this data to
overwrite your existing data for the particular SKUs.)
Schedule when you
want your data to be delivered.
Daily: Not possible in combination with "FULL Export".
Weekly: select a day of the week and a time.
Monthly: Select a day of the month and a time.
Only on Push: Data delivered manually only
No more bulk files but
real-time data availability. Data on PDM is always made available live from PDM
suppliers. There is no "on update" export
option because that could lead to new files every other minute. For more frequent updates, our API may
be an option.
Set where your file should
- Select server/user/password/port
- Select root/brand code/custom
- Select the protocol
This option will send an email with the link to
download the file (the email does NOT Contain the file)
Enter an email address
- With this option, you can download the files from
- Not available with daily/weekly/monthly scheduled delivery (must select "Only on Push" schedule setting)
Add Plans to Download Brand Data
Select a brand and click on the New Plan button to create a new custom plan for the selected brand
The use default toggle switch in the on position indicates the plan will use the Channel Default Settings. The off position allows you to define custom plan settings.